About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Design Wall Monday - Oct 22, 2012

I started a new baby quilt yesterday.  I had purchased the fabrics a few months ago and was going to teach a friend at the lake how to make the Trip Around the World pattern but we never got to it.  At the time, I didn't have the pattern booklet I used in the past so I got on the computer and used my Cad software to generate a layout and some instructions.  Now I'm testing my instructions and I must say that my version is really simple and easy. 

I'm using six different fat quarters and will add a border to make the quilt around 41 inches square.  The finished squares will be 3" so I cut the strips at 3-1/2" wide.  This method involves sewing the strips into sets and then into tubes.  The tubes are then sub-cut 3-1/2" wide.  Then, following the layout sheet, you remove the stitching between two of the strips in each tube.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to visit Patchwork Times for links to other design walls. 

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...