This week I've worked on a couple of projects.
First up, I knitted up two old-fashioned washcloths. In recent years I've seen a lot of novelty dishcloths, but was pleased when I found this pattern. For some reason I prefer the older-styled knitwear.
These washcloths were made using size 8 US needles and cotton yarn. For the red one I used Peaches & Creme, burgundy, worsted 4-ply, 100% cotton and for the pastel one, I used Bernat Cottontots, Wonder Dreams. The Cottontots is really soft and squishy.
I threaded two different colored ribbons through the lacy border. I will probably add some bath foofoos (like a nice bar of soap and or small lotion) inside and cinch it up with the ribbon to make a simple hostess gift.
My second project has been to test and develop a fingerless mitt pattern I can use for gifts or myself. I had in mind to make a pair with lace pattern on the top and solid for the palm side. I used WoolEase and size 6 needles.
The mitt on the left has a ribbed arm and one lace pattern on the top. The arm fits nicely and is long enough to go under my sleeve. I used a lace pattern from my big knitting book which has lots of stitch patterns.
For the middle mitt, I used a lace pattern from a pair of mitts I found on line. I didn't make the thumb correctly. It's too big and kinda looks like a cactus arm.
The final test mitt turned out better and with refined pattern in hand I cast on with the real yarn and needle size I planned to use. Last night I finished the left-hand mitt and started on the right-hand mitt. No pictures.....sorry. This pair will be a Christmas gift.
Thanks for visiting. Be sure to stop by at Patchwork Times to see what others have on their needles this week. I saw a lot of really nice projects!