For the backing I chose some old Christmas fabric I bought several years ago. I made another thrifty choice for the batting. Deep in my batting bin is some leftover fusible that I've had for at least seven years. It kept staring at me every time I'd paw through the bin and now it has a home.
I used Superior Threads So Fine #50 in the bobbin and for the background quilting and an 80/12 topstitching needle. For the colored threads I used whatever I could find in my stash that best matched the area I was quilting.
It's projects like this that challenge me to be more creative in my quilt stitching designs.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm linked up with FMQ Friday over at The Free-Motion Quilting Project.