About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Free Motion Quilting - Flower Basket



Today I worked on quilting the flower basket block from Craftsy.com BOM class.  This will probably be a sewing machine cover sometime in the future.

For the backing I chose some old Christmas fabric I bought several years ago.  I made another thrifty choice for the batting.  Deep in my batting bin is some leftover fusible that I've had for at least seven years.  It kept staring at me every time I'd paw through the bin and now it has a home.






I used Superior Threads So Fine #50 in the bobbin and for the background quilting and an 80/12 topstitching needle.  For the colored threads I used whatever I could find in my stash that best matched the area I was quilting.

 It's projects like this that challenge me to be more creative in my quilt stitching designs.

Thanks for stopping by.

I'm linked up with FMQ Friday over at The Free-Motion Quilting Project.

               Happy Quilting!

                               ~Diane


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Such beautiful work! Found your link at Leah Day's blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! It's a pretty applique to start with, but I love the background work you chose to go with it. It's reminiscent, itself, of a densely-woven basket, so it fits so perfectly with the overall image of the flower basket while contrasting nicely with the quilting you did on your basket itself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...