About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Scrappy Solution





What to do with all those left-over strips and bits of fabric?  

Scrappy Collage Block
I decided that I needed to figure out how to use them up.  My solution is this block.  It’s actually a nine-patch in a collage format.  I played with my CAD software and created paper templates for each patch.  Then I printed the templates and sewed the patches, leaving the paper attached until after I trimmed them to the correct size.  


I’m happy with how this block turned out and plan on making a lot more.  

One of my goals for this year is to drastically reduce the contents of my scrap bucket…..while making things that are useful.

Scrappy Collage Quilt





Here's my EQ7 version of a quilt using this block.  I simplified the block coloring by making each patch three shades of the same color. 


I kinda like it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...