About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Kitty Blankie - done!

Here's the final scrappy block quilt.  It measures 34" square.  

I did a lot of quilting practice on this piece, but my kitty does not care.  She loves her new blankie and has given her approval.  I had to snatch it back from her to take the pic.  

I had to do some planning and thinking about how I would add the borders and then attach them.  I chose to continue with the quilt-as-you-go style and use the thin black sashing strips to connect the outer borders and corners.  I was able to use up a bunch of scraps, but I still have a ton to go, so I'll probably make one for my other cat, too.  

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane, I like your kitty blanket! The little black strips really set off the colours well. The quilting looks great! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...