Thursday, March 1, 2012

Asterisk Baby Quilt - Done!

It's always good to be able say "Done" about a project. 

I finished up the quilting a couple of days ago. Then I had to decide what fabric to use for the binding.  I chose the purple check because it adds a bit of contrast and compliments the lavender polka dot backing fabric.  I machine sewed the binding to the quilt front and then hand sewed the binding on the back.  I considered machine top stitching the binding, but I chose instead to do the hand stitching because, even though it takes longer, I like the finished look. 

Before I washed it, the quilting lines showed up quite well, but now they blend in so much it's hard to tell the design I used.  Since I quilted the interior all over with leaves, I chose to do some squared spirals in the border.  I think I will add the square spirals to my quilting design notebook for future use.  

I have a pastor friend of mine lives on the Colville Indian reservation in Washington State and she likes to give handmade quilts to parents when they have their babies baptized.  I will donate this quilt to that purpose.

I'm also working on creating a pattern for this quilt so I can share it with others.

Happy Sewing!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...