About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Design Wall Monday - Nov 19, 2012

Gosh, this week has gone by fast.  It seems like yesterday I was creating my Design Wall post.

Anyway, I was able to make up the flying geese units for the border of the log cabin throw quilt.  The green with beige leaves fabric next to the geese is auditioning for the inner border.  

Unlike some quilters, I have not made hundreds of flying geese units so I wasn't quite sure which method to use.  I dug through my binder labeled "Techniques" where I keep the instruction sheets that come with rulers and other sewing accessories as well as printouts from the internet.  I used the "No Waste Method for Making Flying Geese Units" by Patti R. Anderson at patchpieces.com.  

I found this method worked really well for me.  It didn't take long to create the 45 geese units I needed.  I was also pleased that they turned out the correct size.  In the past, using other methods, my geese would end up slightly smaller that the size I needed.  

Our little quilt group met this past Saturday.  It was fun getting together with the gals.  It dawned on me that, since I had missed our October meeting and was at the lake all summer, it had been about seven months since I had joined them.  I had very little to show and tell but enjoyed seeing what others had accomplished.  

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Quilting!!!
I'm linked up with Patchwork Times so be sure to head over there to see other design walls.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...