Progress on these socks has taken a couple of back steps. In the past week I completed the foot on both socks and worked the heel on one sock.
Instead of reviewing my notes on doing the short-rows I just plowed ahead and made a few mistakes along the way. At first I didn't think that it would matter, but half-way through I did check my notes and realized that I had been doing the sssp (slip, slip, slip, purl) wrong and that's why it just didn't look right. In the end I decided to go back to the beginning of the heel shaping and do it right.
I managed to insert a spare needle at the beginning of the heel and ripped out all the heel. Unfortunately, I did drop some stitches in the process, so I have those to pick up before proceeding. I think I'll set this aside for a bit and plan our Thanksgiving dinner menu and grocery list.
Thanks for stopping by. If you're curious as to what others have on their needles this week, check out Patchwork Times blog post.