About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, December 21, 2012

On The Needles - Dec 21, 2012


Faux-Cable Fingerless Mitts

This week's knitting project: 
      two-at-once fingerless mitts

Now that the Christmas gifts are done, I started on making myself a pair of fingerless mitts.  Not wanting to do yet another lace pattern I searched my knitting pattern book and sock patterns for something simple to work on the top and wrist areas of the mitts.  

I found a nice faux-cable pattern 
included in a free sock pattern, Snake River Socks, by Judy Becker at Persistent Illusion.  Even though I have enough stitches to do more than one pattern repeat I decided on just a single cable design.

For these mitts I'm using Bernat Satin, plum mist heather, yarn which is 100% acrylic and two circular needles size 6US.  Up to this point I had made mitts one at a time, but thought I'd try two-at-once like I do with socks.  So far, its working out well.  With the wrist sections done I'm getting ready to begin the thumb gusset increases.  
  
Be sure to visit Patchwork Times blog for links to other great projects!
  

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty color! I want to try knitting socks two at a time. I'm afraid I'll mess it up; I'm easily confused.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...