About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Feb 27, 2013


This week I'm working on completing this bricks & stones scrap quilt that I started years ago.  I had previously sewn together many of the blocks, but as I look at it now I see some fabric repeats that are placed a little too close to one another.  I'll be ripping out some seams as well as making more blocks.  At the moment, it measures 49" x 60" so I think I'll add enough to make it around 60" x 72".  The patches are 2-1/2" x 5" for the bricks and 2-1/2" x 2-3/4" for the stones.  I have a friend that runs a local homeless shelter, The Father's Heart Street Ministry, so when this quilt is done, I'll  probably donate it.

I'm linked up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.  I encourage you to go check out the great projects happening this week.


A little fabric shopping................

I know that I'm trying to reduce my stash and make a huge dent in my scraps, but there are some fabrics that I really, really need.  I want to make several more baby quilts so I bought some flannels for the quilt backs.  I want to make a "modern" style quilt so I bought some grays.  I have a poor selection of greens so I bought some greens to round out my stash.



Like most quilters, the sight of fabric makes me drool.   Enjoy!


Thanks for stopping by..................Happy Quilting

      ~Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...