About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Design Wall Monday - March 11, 2013

Remember those miniature triangle squares I was working with last week.....here's what they turned into.  I felt like the little 3-1/2" blocks needed frames so I added a 2" strip around each one.  I picked fabrics that seemed to coordinate with some of the color in each block.  Now all I have to do is add the white binding on each and they'll be done.

The other item I have on my design wall is the pieced background I'm making for an applique project.  Again, I'm grabbing fabric scraps and with a little ironing and trimming they are sewn into strips.  I am using cream-colored tone-on-tone fabrics so there will be subtle changes in the piece.

 I signed up for another Craftsy.com class....this one is called "Machine-Finished Hand Applique" and is taught by Beth Ferrier.  This is the first real applique class I've taken and Beth is an excellent teacher.  The class project is a small wall hanging with applique flowers, leaves and berries.
 I chose to go with values of purple for my flowers.  This should be interesting.  I also grabbed a yellow for the flower center.  I love pansies, the purple and yellow ones.  Just in case the yellow doesn't work out well, I made alternate pattern pieces using the pale purple for the centers.

Well, that's what's on my design wall.  Be sure to check out all the other projects that are linked to Patchwork Times.  Happy Quilting.

      ~Diane

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...