About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Quilts of Valor quilt tops

Last month I visited a local QOV sew-in at Montavilla Sewing in Portland, Oregon.  I met some really nice gals who were busy putting quilts together for the cause.  Debbie had a couple of partial quilt tops that needed more blocks added and borders put on so I volunteered to do that.  Today, I stopped in at the monthly sew-in and dropped off the tops.  Another gal asked if we could take a pic because she was interested in the borders I had made.


The blocks surrounding the center panel were made by a group of women at a previous block party.  It was challenging to get all the blocks sewn together because of the size differences, but it all came together in the end.

My mom served in WWII and my brother in Vietnam so this project is dear to my heart.

I've been playing around with a couple designs ideas in EQ as well as collecting red, white, and blue fabrics so I can make a few tops in the near future.  

I would encourage all quilters to get involved in Quilts of Valor or some other charitable group like this and share your time and talents to help others.  The personal satisfaction and rewards are immeasurable.

Happy Quilting,
  ~Diane
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...