About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, April 5, 2013

Recycle Project: Pet Mattresses

A while back I made a mattress for one of my cats.  The outer fabric is one that I really didn't want to use in any quilts so it was a perfect choice.  For the stuffing I filled it with fabric trimmings, batting bits, and even some small pieces of yarn.  To add a little height, I boxed the corners.

 
It was a big hit with the kitty.

Next I made one for her carrier.  Sometimes she goes on long trips and needs to be comfy.



Then I made one for my other kitty.  This time I used some string blocks found in my UFO bin.


The thing I love about these mattresses is that they are made of materials that I would have thrown away so if they get soiled and don't come through the wash well, I can toss them and make some more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...