About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Design Wall Monday--May 20, 2013

There are a couple of star quilts that I want to make so I've been practicing the cutting and piecing of 45 degree diamonds.  I have sewn together the diamond pairs, but haven't figured out what background fabric to use yet.  Once that decision is made I can cut the setting triangles and corner squares.  This will give me good practice at sewing "Y" seams.


I used my "Fussy Cutter Ruler set by Jan Krentz to cut the 2-1/2" diamonds.    I got the ruler set a while back and have been itching to use it.  I'm enrolled in Jan's class at Craftsy.com called "Diamond Quilt Designs".  She's a great teacher and I've learned a lot.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to visit Patchwork Times for links to more Design Wall blog posts.
     Happy Quilting,
                  ~Diane

1 comment:

  1. I love the block. I think a dark would make a great background.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...