About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, August 30, 2013

On The Needles, August 30, 2013

While on the hunt for new (to me) knit washcloth patterns to try, I found "The Hive" by Jill Swensen.  You can find her pattern Here.


I jumped right in and began knitting before I realized that this pattern is a smaller, "Scrubby" size.  My finished cloth measures 5-1/2" square.  I used US size 7 needles and Peaches & Creme variegated Lilac Ombre 100% cotton yarn.  I'm not unhappy with the size because I can always use a small cloth and it gave me a chance to try out the pattern.   I think I've figured out how to make it bigger.

Have you knitted this pattern before?

Thanks for visiting my blog.  Be sure to check out Patchwork Times for more "On the Needles" blog post links.  There are some awesome knitters out there!

Happy Knitting,
     ~Diane

2 comments:

  1. It's cute! Sounds like a scrubby size. Looks like it would get those dishes clean : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pattern I've never seen. Cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...