The first quilt, which I named "Ahoy" was a bit small so I added a 4-inch borders all around to the original panel. I like all the really bright colors of this panel which has Paddington Bear sailing around in his boat.
This week I assembled the backing, batting (Soft & Crafty 80/20 low loft), and panel. Since there are no seams in the panel itself, I stitched the outline of the major areas using The Bottom Line 60 wt poly in the bobbin and So Fine 50 wt poly for the top thread. For the interior of the panel I simply stitched the outline of the major elements.
When it came time to quilt the borders I used my new Frixion pen to mark the waves, boats, clouds, and a sun in each corner. I used matching gold thread for the stitching. The markings disappeared when I applied heat from my iron.
This quilt came together so easily that I almost immediately started on the next one. Perhaps I will get all these baby panel quilts done before summer starts.