Monday, October 26, 2015

Sunbonnet Sue's Make Over

Last night I worked on correcting the fuzzy shoe problem I had with the first couple of Sue's that I digitized.  Somehow I had gotten the stitches off so that the satin cover stitch did not actually cover the edge of the shoe fabric.  I also made a new version with her hand extended outward instead of down.

Sunbonnet Sue - #3

In my hunt for Sunbonnet Sue images on line I had seen several that had an apron.  Little girls at the time of Sue's creation by some awesome quilter often wore aprons over their dresses.   I thought it would be fun to try my hand at adding an apron.  I imported an image that I wanted to use and then digitized each applique and embroidery item.  The shape of the hat also changed in this newer version.

Sunbonnet Sue - #4

I'm happy with how she turned out, even the lace on her hat.
These Sue's were stitched on an unbleached muslin background with RinsAway water soluble tear away backing in a 5" x 7" hoop.

I'm hooking up with:
 Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times
 Main Crush Monday at Cooking Up Quilts

Thanks for stopping by......and......Happy Quilting!!!

    ~Diane  





1 comment:

  1. Diane - your little Sue's are so cute! Especially #4, I love her little hat and the lace is so sweet. Thanks for linking to MCM - I hope you have a productive sewing week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...