About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, January 2, 2017

Quiltville Mystery Part 6

I was able to download the Quiltville En Provence Mystery Part 6 on Friday, but did not get to work on it until Saturday, New Year's Eve.  According to my calculations, I needed to make 48 of the required 64 units.  I ended up making 50 units.

I followed Bonnie's instructions and stacked four strips of the required colored fabrics before cutting the triangles I needed with my Easy Angle ruler.  That sure made it easy when I got to the sewing machine.  Each pair of fabrics were all ready right sides together, so all I had to do is chain piece them.  I'll have to try to remember this method for next time I cut and sew units like this.  

Here's one way to assemble these units to make a block.  I'm sure Bonnie has a better idea for placing these in the quilt.
Much to my surprise when I went to Bonnie's site to join in the Mystery Monday Linkup, I discovered that there is no linkup this week.  She posted Part 7, which is the final part and quilt assembly instructions.  Needless to say I have some cutting and sewing work to do this week.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Quilting!
   ~Diane
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...