Monday, December 26, 2016

Quiltville Mystery Part 5

Thursday night I discovered that Bonnie Hunter had released her Part 5 clue for the En Provence Mystery Quilt a day early.  I quickly downloaded the instructions, but it wasn't until Saturday before I could cut the patches needed and start sewing.

I calculated that 75% of the 60 units required was about 48, so I began cutting my dark purples and neutral 3-1/2" wide strips.  After stacking a neutral strip on top of a purple strip with right sides together, I used my Easy Angle ruler to cut the paired triangles.  After I did a test of a few, I decided to go ahead and cut the dog ear corner off the pointed triangle end so I would have less to trim up after sewing.  That worked out great.  I actually had only a sliver to trim on some of my units.   I made a few extra, so now I have (52) 3-1/2" units ready to go.

I'm linking up with the Mystery Monday Linkup over at Quiltville.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you had an awesome Christmas.  Happy Quilting,


  1. I made the full number of clue 1 and then decided to only make half of the rest. I already have plans for the extra neutral 4 patches. I'm always thinking of the next project!

    1. Thanks for sharing. I originally was going to make half the number of units, but got to thinking that I will probably make a throw size (around 60" x 80") which is why I settled on making 75%. Cheers!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...