About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Scrap Stars and 16-Patch

A few weeks back I made a scrappy star block featuring a scrappy four patch center surrounded by scrappy flying geese units.  The finished blocks will measure 8 inches square.  
 

This morning I finished making the last of the 24 scrap star blocks I need for the quilt I have designed. 
 
After sketching some design ideas, I came up with a sashing design that I think will make a nice bridge between the scrap star blocks and the scrappy 16-patch blocks.  Scrappy flying geese, white background squares and scrappy cornerstones.  

I have begun cutting the patches I need and have made a few of the flying geese units as well.  I used them as leaders-n-enders when sewing together the star blocks. 
 
 
After all my excitement about finishing the star blocks, I counted up the 16-patch blocks.  I still need to make 11 more of these gems.  That means more square hunting and cutting in the near future for me.   Thank goodness I spent a couple hours this weekend stripping my way through a sizeable pile of fabric leftovers and scraps. 
 

Well, that's what I've been up to for the past few days.  Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Quilting,
  ~Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...