About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, June 8, 2012

On The Needles–June 8, 2012

Toe-upSock
With all the wind and rain here at the lake, I’ve been staying indoors a lot this past week.  I started a pair of toe-up socks using a new (to me) toe style. I am enrolled in the Crafty class “Knit Original Toe-Up Socks” with Donna Druchunas.  Check out Craftsy Knitting Classes web page for more information.  I chose this class because I’ve already made toe-up socks but have limited experience with some of the optional techniques for the toe, gusset and heel.
 
MoccasinToe-side
Moccasin Toe side view
I started out practicing the Horizontal Band (Moccasin) Toe and decided to continue and make a pair of socks.  This pair will be a combination of techniques I haven’t done before.  I think that I will try the Afterthought Heel on this pair.  

I’m using a pair of US size 1 circular needles.  I cast on using four double pointed needles and then switched to my preferred method of the circulars.  Even though I’m not doing any kind of pattern stitch on these, I like the fact that it’s easy to distinguish the instep stitches from the sole stitches.  I seem to have misplaced the label for the yarn so I can’t tell you what it is.  The colors are not really “me” and the stripping is a bit loud, but I think this will be a fun pair of socks to wear.  

What's your favorite sock pattern?  What kind of toe, gusset or heel do you prefer to make?  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...