And then there was ONE (sock)!
After screwing up my third attempt at making the heel on just one of these socks, I frogged out the WHOLE sock. There it is on the right in the pic above. All wound up. That's how I felt when I tried to frog out just the heel portion and pick up the stitches. I'd done it several times so far and the yarn was splitting and hard to get back onto the needle. So I did what seemed best at the time. I don't regret it and will probably do the same to the other sock. I'm thinking that I might just start over completely and not do the ribbing pattern on the instep. In the meantime these two will hang out in the bag and console one another while I consider their fate.
One Row Washcloth
Meanwhile, I worked a little on the One Row washcloth that I started last week. This is the kind of project I like to have handy to work on while watching t.v. But, sometimes I just want to veg and stare at the tube and let my hands rest idly.
|Front side of the One Row Washcloth|
I have some left over cream colored cotton yarn so I've added a couple of stripes.
|Back/Reverse side of the One Row Washcloth|
Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to visit Patchwork Times for links to other On The Needles posts.