About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Design Wall Monday–Mar 25, 2013

I’m still on a mission to use up fabric scraps. 

Until a few days ago I had not settled on a design for my March scrap quilt and the end of the month is fast approaching.  I saw a Bonnie Hunter quilt, Patches & Pinwheels, and used it for inspiration.  I switched her 16-patch for a nine-patch block and her pinwheel for another block style mainly because I wanted to use 2-1/2” scrap squares and, truth be known, I really don’t like pinwheels (for some unknown reason). 
DWM-032513

While I was placing the blocks on the design wall, I discovered that I had made one of the blocks incorrectly.  Can you tell which one it is? 


Patches&Plates
Here’s my EQ plan for this quilt which I’m naming “Patches & Plates”. 

I may change the outer border to add more scrappy squares.
The finished size will be around 40”x40”.


Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to visit Patchwork Times for links to other design wall blog posts.
Happy Quilting!
               ~Diane

4 comments:

  1. Middle block in the top row, lower right corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see the incorrect block. Great way to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't see a mistake at all but the quilt is beautiful and scrappy. It's great when you can use up some but the scraps don't go away, they multiply...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bottom row, second from the right. You have the white patches as the "five" instead of "four". But unless you look really hard, its not noticable. Love all the colors! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...