About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Got It Done–March 2013

GID-MarchThis was the list of tasks I wanted to accomplish during the month of March.  Unfortunately, I did not get any of my bonus projects done.












March Knit Washcloth

March washcloth
This was a fun pattern to work.  I used 100% cotton variegated yarn and size 8 knitting needles.
The finished size is about 9-inches diameter.








Craftsy 2013 March BOM

BOM2013-March
This block is called “Economy Block” (for some unknown reason) and measures 17-1/2” square.
I don’t recall learning any new techniques in constructing this block, but the instructor did give an excellent lesson on drafting blocks from scratch.  She took us through the steps of drafting a 4-patch block in different sizes.  Drafting is right up my alley since that’s what I do for a living (when I work). 



March Baby Quilt

BFS-quilt-032813
“Baby’s First Spring” is a 38” x 38” baby quilt.
I used bright cotton fabrics for the top, Warm N Natural cotton batting and flannel for the backing. 











Baby quilt top

9PP-baby-top
“9-Patch Posies”
This quilt top measures 40” x 40”












“Bittersweet” quilt

DSCF1154
I still have the binding to sew on this quilt and it will be done.  I really like how it turned out.










“Duffers”

Duffers
These knitted slippers are really easy to make.
Even though I put these in the washer together, one seems to be more felted than the other.  They are still too big, so I will try to felt them again.  Hopefully they will come out the same size.









Get It Done goals for April 


This coming month will be a busy one for me, but I'm hoping to be able to do some serious sewing as well.  We shall see.....
Here's my list:

















I'm linked up with Patchwork Times.
Thanks for stopping by.
       ~Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...