About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Design Wall Monday - Sept 23, 2013


This past week I've been sewing asterisk blocks for another baby quilt.  A few months ago I cut all the leftover scraps needed and made a kit for myself.  At this point, I've completed the first step of the block assembly, sewing the triangles to the diagonal sashing strips.  There are more squares to be pressed and trimmed before I lay them out on the design wall.  Next step will be to add the vertical and horizontal sashing.  I think this will be the third asterisk baby quilt I've made.

Another piecing project I'm working on is a tumbling blocks baby quilt.  Recently I made a large tumbling blocks block (approximately 18" square) which I plan to use as the center of the quilt.  After making a test block I now have templates to use in cutting out scraps for the smaller individual tumblers that will surround the larger block. So far I've cut pieces for five green blocks and one orange block.  




Thanks for stopping by today.  I'm linked up with Patchwork Times.  Happy Quilting!

              ~Diane
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...