About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

WIP Wednesday


Before the end of the month I'm hoping to complete the applique flowers and leaves on the Craftsy BOM for September.  I chose to use the no-melt mylar for the templates and it's worked well so far.  After cutting out the fabric pieces I hand-stitched a gathering thread close to the raw edges.  I sprayed the piece with starch and then pulled the thread to ease the fabric around the edges of the template. 

I was thinking that this block will make a pretty sewing machine cover.

Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to visit Freshly Pieced to see more awesome Works In Progress.

           Happy Quilting,

                       ~Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...