About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Friday, October 25, 2013

Free-Motion Quilting - Baby Blocks quilt


I had made it a goal to get this baby quilt quilted this week.  Unfortunately, I still don't have a clear vision of the quilting design.

After stitching in the ditch around the outside (between the yellow and the blue borders), I echoed the blocks at 1/4" away.  I really liked how it made the blocks pop off the surface of the quilt and give a 3D effect.  Because the angles are different between the center blocks group and the border blocks I can't just continue the diamond shapes I created in the border area.  At any rate, I know that I'll come up with a solution...soon.  Invisible thread will be my choice for stitching inside the colored blocks.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Be sure to visit The Free Motion Quilting Project blog for links to other free-motion quilting posts.  There are some really talented quilters out there in blogland.

Happy Quilting!
      ~Diane

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...