With the local Quilts of Valor sew-in coming up this week, I thought I'd better get working on this. You can read my previous blog post about this quilt top Here.
|Original design plan|
When I calculated the side setting triangles, I made them expecting to cut the small red cornerstones in half as shown in the pic. But as it turned out I was able to keep those cornerstones and only clip off the points, which makes the quilt interior a bit larger (almost 48" square) and that's good.
I also changed the width of the white inner border because I didn't have enough to cut the strips as wide as planned. Today I'm hoping to finish mitering the wide (6") red outer borders. This quilt should finish at about 60" x 80".
I'm linked up with Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Quilting!