Thursday night I discovered that Bonnie Hunter had released her Part 5 clue for the En Provence Mystery Quilt a day early. I quickly downloaded the instructions, but it wasn't until Saturday before I could cut the patches needed and start sewing.
I calculated that 75% of the 60 units required was about 48, so I began cutting my dark purples and neutral 3-1/2" wide strips. After stacking a neutral strip on top of a purple strip with right sides together, I used my Easy Angle ruler to cut the paired triangles. After I did a test of a few, I decided to go ahead and cut the dog ear corner off the pointed triangle end so I would have less to trim up after sewing. That worked out great. I actually had only a sliver to trim on some of my units. I made a few extra, so now I have (52) 3-1/2" units ready to go.
I'm linking up with the Mystery Monday Linkup over at Quiltville.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you had an awesome Christmas. Happy Quilting,