About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States

Welcome

I've been crafting things for myself and others since my teen years. Designing and creating is not just what I do.....it's Who I Am. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Design Wall Monday–Jan 21, 2013

DWM-012113
This past weekend I was able to make progress in completing the piecing of the Log Cabin Throw.  During the holidays it was put in the WIP (work in progress) pile.  After finishing my Getting It Done quilting goals for January this became a Bonus project.



LCT-011913






I first mentioned this quilt top in November, explaining how I designed the border blocks with EQ7.  Normally, I’d cut long strips for the borders, but this time I sewed the border as blocks instead.  I didn’t have any stretching and waving like with long strips and the process of applying the border went quite well. 

With this top done, I did some more sewing on the scrappy quilt for January.  I’m hoping to make one scrappy quilt per month.


 
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to visit Patchwork Times to see what other’s have on their design walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...