On Friday, Bonnie Hunter released Part 4 of her latest Mystery Quilt "En Provence". I went online and downloaded the instructions right away. We've had snow on the ground for several days and I don't drive when the roads are bad because I work from home. Yeah! So, I've had a lot of time to sew lately.
Saturday I was able to cut the patches needed and begin constructing the units.
In keeping with my goal to make 75% of the required units, I made 60 of these 3-1/2" square units.
After sewing the units I began trimming them down to the correct size. At first I used my Perfect Half-Square & Quarter Square Triangles slotted trimming ruler until I sliced my finger with the rotary blade. It was my fault for having my fingers too close to the slot where I was to cut. The blade did not get into the groove before I started moving the cutter. It took a few minutes with pressure to get the bleeding to stop so I could apply liquid bandaid. It's been a long time since I made such a foolish mistake. After that I ditched the trimmer for my regular square ruler and made certain my fingers were safe while squaring all the rest of the units.
I am linking up with Quiltville's Mystery Monday Linkup: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2016/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-4.html
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Quilting,